The Institute office is located on the third floor of the Tate Laboratory of Physics, Room 356.
- From north of campus, go south on I-35W to exit 18 (4th St./Univ. Ave.). Turn left on University Ave. S.E. and stay on University until you reach the East Bank Area.
- From south of campus (including the airport), go north on I-35W to exit 17C (U of M exit). Follow the East Bank signs. You will join
Washington Ave. which takes you across the river to the East Bank.
Notice: Washington Ave. is currently closed for construction of the Central Corridor Light Rail Transit project. Detour further north on I-35W and turn right on University Ave. S.E.
- From east or west, get on I-94 going towards campus. Take the East Bank U of M exit. You will be on Huron Boulevard which takes you right to the East Bank.
- A map of major access routes leading to the University may also be helpful.
- Metered parking is available on Pleasant Street (one block west of the Physics building) or on Walnut Street (a few blocks east of the Physics building).
- For daily or hourly parking, we recommend the 4th St Ramp (marked in green on the map) or the Huron Lots (marked in pink).
- A map of available parking on campus may also be helpful. The Tate Laboratory of Physics is marked with a star: